1. Thrity-six colums surround the Lincoln Memorial. What do they represent?
2. When this explosive noise occurred in August, 1883, it equaled the sound of 3,000 atomic bombs, could be heard 2,200 miles away, and debris was scattered 4000 miles away. What was it that exploded?
3. During the Civil War, were these states Union or Confederate? A. West Virginia b. Kentucky c. Texas
4. What pair of economic philosophers were the driving force behind communism when they wrote the 1848 book "The Communist Manifesto"?
5. British explorer Richard Burton set out to Africa in 1858 to discover what?
6. In 1894 this French Jewish army officer was convicted of treason and sentenced to life imprisonment, but ultimately acquitted when the evidence against him was shown to have been falsified by anti-Semites. Who was he?
7. In 1939, when a group of scientists found out that Germany was planning to build an atomic bomb, they persuaded which person to write a letter to which President to persuade him that the US develop the bomb first?
8. He was a disciple of Plato for almost 20 years. He was Alexander the Great's teacher for 9 years. Who was he?
9. Which emperor of Rome, around 300 AD, was first to become a Christian?
10. In 1986, in the largest covert CIA operation since the Vietnam War, the U.S. sent $400 million worth of weapons to support a rebel group fighting in which country?
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.