1. The largest type of living bird can be 9 feet in height and weigh 350 lbs (160 kgs). What kind of bird is it?
2. From the French term chatepelose, meaning hairy cat," comes the appropriate name of what insect?
3. This animal, a variety of wild goat, lives in high mountain areas of Europe, Asia, and Africa, and has large backward- curving horns. What is the name of this animal?
4. Deep sea divers exploring an underwater cave near Marseilles, France, in 1991 were surprised to discover prehistoric wall murals with drawings of humans and animals; but were astounded when they found depictions of what cold-water animal?
5. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?
6. In the same way that humans are identified by their fingerprints, dogs are identified by what kind of prints?
7. What swimming stroke is named after an insect?
8. The mythological character known as Pegasus was what unusual animal?
9. What state is bordered by exactly one other state?
10. Why do hummingbirds hum?
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.